DETEC is the Ministry for Environment, Transports, Energy and Communication in Switzerland. The Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE) is the department responsible for all questions relating to energy supply and energy use within the Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communication (DETEC). The SFOE pursues the following objectives:
- It creates the necessary conditions for ensuring a sufficient, well diversified and secure energy supply that is both economical and ecologically sustainable.
- It imposes high safety standards in the areas of production, transportation and distribution of energy.
- It sets out to promote efficient energy use, increase the proportion of renewable energy in the overall energy mix and reduce the level of CO2 emissions.
- It promotes and co-ordinates energy research and supports the development of new markets for the sustainable supply and use of energy.
Through its role as a national energy research coordinator and the management of more than twenty energy research programmes SFOE has a broad experience in the fields of developing R&D strategies and concepts, call definition and management, project evaluation, monitoring and support as well as in quality management. Furthermore, SFOE is involved in many national and international R&D related committees and initiatives such as, e.g., the SET-Plan Steering Group or the IEA.
- The M-ERA.NET consortium
- Contact us
- Voices from the consortium